Harry Potter Releasing
Unless you have had no access to the bookworm community lately you probably know that on Saturday night the bound script for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was released! With all of the local bookstores in Saint Paul I had a plethora of release parties to choose from, but I of course had to go to Red Balloon Bookshop’s: partly because I love their events, and partly because that is the store where I so many years ago attended the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. (I was 8, by the way)
The store was wonderfully decorated, everyone was dressed up, we participated in a fun scavenger hunt through the store, there was cake for Harry’s birthday, and we all counted down to midnight. Even though the series is over it was great for everyone to come back together in their love for it for this release. I guess you could say it was sort of ~magical~
At the very beginning of this month I came back from Nationals in New York, (we did moderately well) and then halfway through the month my family took a little trip to San Diego, California in which I learned to surf (!!) and took many pictures of palm trees. I also made a travel diary type video of the trip.
Packing for College
It’s happening. I don’t have everything together yet, but I have an idea of everything. I’ve been thinking about filming a “dorm haul” video and writing a post about the books I’ll be bringing, so you can look forward to that.
What I’ve Been Reading
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★☆ This was REALLY enjoyable. The food descriptions made me want to bake everything, I loved Meyer’s spin on wonderland, (especially the two separate kingdoms) and the way we see Catherine go from happy heiress to evil queen… So well done and rather heartbreaking. I hope to have a full review eventually but be assured that this managed to meet my high expectations!
- Far Out Fairytales by Joey Comeau
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson ★★★★☆
- The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid ★★★★★ I read the entirety of this book in a single day and it was SO FANTASTIC. I couldn’t put it down at all. Enthralling, exciting, and filled to the top with political intrigue and sci-fi morality. One of my new favorites of this year!
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone ★★★☆☆
- Saga Volumes 1-4
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson ★★★★☆
- The Eighth Day (#1) by Diane K Salerni ★★★★★ (re-read)
- The Inquisitor’s Mark (The Eighth Day #2) by Diane K Salerni ★★★★★ (re-read)
- The Morrigan’s Curse (The Eighth Day #3) by Diane K Salerni ★★★★★ I am unquestionably in love with this series. I want to live in it’s world, it’s fascinating, and the characters are oh-so loveable. I really want to do this finale justice with a full review, so I think I’ll just leave it at that.
- The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Steifvater ★★★★☆
- The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Steifvater ★★★★☆
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne ★★★★☆ Good for what I expected it to be. You can watch my video review, if you like!
On the Blog