I always tell myself I’m going to start buying less books, because there are ARCs and the library and books I already own but that usually lasts about two weeks, as you will see from the amount of books I have to show off in today’s haul… Then again, I haven’t posted a book haul since the end of November, and it’s the beginning of April so considering its been four months this isn’t that bad, right? (haha nope it’s terrible and I’ve run out of shelf space)
I Was Given These (So They Aren’t My Fault)
At the end of December I participated in The Broke and the Bookish Secret Santa, and my Secret Santa sent me copies of Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater. This are both uber popular books I hadn’t read yet so that was exciting!
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith was sent to me by Quirk Books along with a bunch of posters and swag for their various books.
I had the luck this year to win not one but two 2016 debut preorder giveaways. From Jamie @ Books and Ladders I won A Study In Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. I read ASIC in fall and absolutely adored it. I look forward to reading it in finished hardcover format. Brittany @ Brittany’s Book Rambles gave me a copy of The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig, a book I likewise enjoyed. This one also has glorious maps. Yes, mapS, plural. I am so in love with it.
All of the ARCs
Over the summer a new bookstore moved into the space right next to my school, and I’ve been hanging out there during my free period every day since fall. It’s an adult bookstore, but they were somehow sent a box of YA ARCs and the owner was kind enough to pass them onto me to read and review. Thanks to Subtext Books and Harper Teen!
- The Lincoln Project by Dan Gutman
- The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks
- The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan
- Dreamology by Lucy Keating
- This is My Brain on Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer
- Night Speed by Chris Howard
- Ruined by Amy Tintera
- Queen of Hearts by Collen Oakes
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone
- Wishing Day by Lauren Myracle
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (I’ve already read this one and it is so good)
- My Lady Jane by Various Authors
Behind the Canvas by Alexander Vance and Goldfish by Nat Luurtsema were sent to me by the marvelous MC @ Blame It on the Books who picked them up for me at a convention she attended. I hadn’t heard of Goldfish before, but she grabbed it specially for me because it features my sport, synchronized swimming! I’ve never seen synchro in a book before so this is super exciting. Thank you MC!
Releases, Releases, Releases
Last we come to the new releases: All the fresh-off-the-press books that were far too tempting for me not to preorder/buy. I always think fall is the super book release heavy time, and is, but boy does winter have some great offerings as well. Sequels galore!
All the new (beautiful hardcover) releases I bought/had preordered for me (thanks Mom) in the last few months are…
- Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities #4) by Shannon Messenger
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
- See How They Run (Embassy Row #2) by Ally Carter
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- The Inquisitor’s Mark (The Eighth Day #2) by Diane K. Salerni
- The Morrigan’s Curse (The Eighth Day #3) by Diane K. Salerni
- The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn #6) by Brandon Sanderson
- Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles Novellas) by Marissa Meyer
- A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) by VE Schwab
- Calamity (Reckoners #3) by Brandon Sanderson
- Alcatraz Vs the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson (Illustrated Edition)
- Alcatraz Vs the Scrivener’s Bones (Alcatraz #2) by Brandon Sanderson (Illustrated Edition)