I had a really great reading month during January! I finished 6 out of the 8 books I had on last month’s TBR list, and started 7 of them. The only one that got left in the dust was The Young Elites, and since I’ve dropped that one two months in a row I’ll be leaving it off my list for now, to possibly reappear later. Which means this month I have an entirely new list of books!
Recent Buys + New Releases:
- A Gathering of Shadows (A Darker Shade of Magic #2) by VE Schwab
- Calamity (Reckoners #3) by Brandon Sanderson
- Stars Above (Lunar Chronicles Novellas) by Marissa Meyer
The day has finally come, Calamity, the book I’ve been pining for more than a year, is being released this month. I am so not prepared but I am also sooooo excited. I have a preorder in for AGOS and can’t wait for that one too! I picked up Star Above at the bookstore on Tuesday, and I’m curious to see who gets married in the epilogue…
Re-Reads and Readalongs:
- Firefight (Reckoners #2) by Brandon Sanderson
- Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms #2) by Morgan Rhodes
- Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms #3) by Morgan Rhodes
I plan to finish up my Reckoners re-read with Firefight, and then I will be continuing the Falling Kingdom’s series as a part of my readalong.
On the TBR Shelf:
Since February is the month of valentines day, I decided to add a romance novel to my list. I read Isla and the Happily After, the third book in this companion series, a few years ago, and am excited to read the earlier books!